November 4, choose one: 11am, 1pm or 3pm.
Christina Griffin AIA LEED AP CPHC will be providing tours of her Hastings Passive House. As owner and architect, she will describe the deep energy retrofit of a 1905 house to achieve certification for PHIUS Passive House, DOE Zero Energy, EPA Indoor Air Plus, and Energy Star. Christina was recently awarded a U.S. Dept. of Energy Housing Innovation award and one of 5 Grand Prizes from the Salt Lake City High Performance Home Builder Summit for her innovative approach to decarbonization in Zero Energy Ready Homes that produces the most replicability and predictability in results.
The Tour will include a presentation of the following features of a carbon-neutral home:
1. Passive House Energy Standard and Path to Zero Energy
2. Carbon Footprint of Small Homes
3. Down Jacket Concept of Insulation and Air-Tightness
4. Using the Sun as Main Heat Source
5. Solar Shading to Reduce Air Conditioning
6. Heat Pump Technology for Heating & Air Conditioning, Domestic Hot Water, & Dryer
7. Continuous Fresh Air and the Energy Recovery Ventilation System
8. Use of Low-Embodied Energy Materials
9. Health Benefits of EPA Indoor Air Plus Standard
10. Solar PV Panels & Batteries
11. Transforming the Garden with Native Plants
More Nature Walks soon. Max 10-12pp per walk.
Seeking a volunteer to administer this project: liaise and confirm walkers and walk leaders, schedule walks, and update this webpage and calendar. Interested? Email us!